• FENCE - sturdy double slide-dual lockdown mechanism assures durable, accurate service (inset).
• DUST FREE - 1/16" kerf is disposed of through the chute utilizing a free floating extractor blade. This is a non-wear part that prevents the blade set from being "sprung" by kerf collection.
• EFFICIENT - after the operator has properly aligned the fence, the machine will tirelessly slit your material to size, only requiring the operator to hold the material against the fence as the blades self feed the material once it is engaged.
• COST EFFECTIVE - once "snapped in" on the machine's operation, relatively unskilled labor can operate the slitter and free up saws for tasks they are better designed for. The MAR-BEL slitter owner will also experience noticeable economies in sharpening costs due to the unique cutting technique of the die used to slit the laminate, blade wear is minimal.....the quality of the cut will not gradually deteriorate as you can expect from the common aluminum shear (two blade) device. In addition, the three-bladed die won't give you a beveled edge as shears tend to do as they dull. Expect fewer lineal feet when cutting metallics. The blades can normally be sharpened 4-7 times when serviced properly. Our renowned factory sharpening staff ensures that the blades are checked for sufficient OD and prompt in-house turnaround. All of the above spell substantial savings in terms of sharpening costs and unneeded circular saw blades.
• TOLERANCE - cut edges are specified to within 1/32" or better of a straight edge if the operator properly holds the material to the fence. Different widths are slit with quick fence adjustments.
• OTHER TECHNICAL DATA (Single Cut Slitters)
1/3hp totally enclosed fan cooled gear motor with in-line reducer, 110v,
60HZ split phase motor feed speed approximately 40 fpm • self-feeding •
1/2" minimum cut